It was morning time on 1st October 2020, I was sleeping under a warm blanket all of a sudden I could feel a vibration next to my ear, and hell yeah it was a notification from my phone. It woke me up from a sweet and good dream; I ignored it and I was about to go back to sleep again then my heart was starting to pound savagely “Maybe it is the one!!!” I mumbled to myself and reach out to the phone promptly.
I was completely awake and sit on the bed while holding the phone with two hands, on the screen showed there was an email sent to me by the lap then my heart was starting to beat loudly again. My eyes kept reading from the first paragraph until the last sentence caught my attention “wait!!! there must be something wrong 😂” I put my phone down, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath then focus on the phone for one more time.
It definitely clear! Holy sh*t I’m fucked up 🤦♀️
To be honest, I was not afraid of the virus at all (after living with it for a half year), things I was worried about were I couldn’t travel and all my plans had to be changed. Why do you think like that? there are two facts: firstly, Covid-19 is real, I accepted it as it becomes a new normal thing in daily life. Secondly, quitting from mass media manipulation; they report a huge number of new cases every day and it sounds literally frightening (people focus only on this number). On the other hand, the number of recovery is high as well and the number of death is low so please try to see things in many ways carefully or in another word, you should have ‘TAD”
T — Think
A — Analyze
D — Distinguish
The moment I found myself have a virus (sounds so scary huh😂) what happened? how did I get it?
The first thing I did right after was canceled my booking then called my family and told them not to be panic and worry (seems it didn’t work at all😂) all my parents could perceive were just I was having a virus and I was going to be really sick, but fortunately, I had no symptom at all (Yes, I was infected without any symptom. It does mean I could eat tastefully, I could sleep tightly, no fever, no sore throat) there were only 2 days I felt exhausted (like a phone running out of battery), after resting all day long for 2 days I had full recover. If I have to figure it out how I get it, believe me, it likes a needle in a haystack just ignore it.
You know what when people around you heard about your bad news and what will come next?
- First, blaming you (I do understand people who receive such a bad news, but no one would expect it to happen).
- Panic and worry.
- Giving advice (being a doctor immediately😅). This is the warmhearted point ever! why is that? because the advice will come from your beloved like family, close friends, or even stranger who care about you.
I do understand when there is something that goes viral then there are good people who try really hard to share trustable information with others. On the other hand, there are bad people who try to take advantage of the situation creating fault information in order to get attention or any other purposes and these kinds of people literally piss me off :(
After getting some tips and a homemade remedy from my beloved and I’m really curious, do they work? so I did some researches from trustable sources. Here are what I found:
- Drinking alcohol will prevent or kill COVID-19
Hell yeah, It will not protect you against COVID-19. On the other hand, consuming too much alcohol can increase your risk of other health problems duh.
2. Antibiotics can’t treat or prevent COVID-19
Antibiotics only work against bacteria, not viruses. COVID-19 is caused by a virus. Patients with COVID-19 may receive antibiotics to treat bacterial infections that occur at the same time.
3. Eating garlic can prevent or cure COVID-19
Garlic is a healthy food that may kill some microbes, but there is no evidence that it protects people from COVID-19. The best way to protect yourself from COVID-19 is to keep a distance from others and wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
4. Eating ginger can prevent or cure COVID-19
No. There is no evidence that eating ginger has protected people from COVID-19. However, ginger is a food that may have some antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Drinking lots of water help flush out COVID-19
There is no evidence that drinking lots of water help flush out new coronavirus or stomach acid that kills the virus. However, for good health in general, it is recommended that people should have suitable water every day to prevent dehydration.
6. Gargling with salt water prevents COVID-19 infection
There is no scientifically proven evidence yet that such measures work against the virus. Gargling can help soothe a sore throat.
🤔What did I do during the quarantine?
I lived with four flatmates, the good thing was we had our own room, but the bad thing was we had to share a kitchen and a bathroom that is why some rules need to be set.
- Separated kitchen tools like a plate, bowl, spoon, and so on.
- Separated sponge which we use to clean kitchen tools.
- Hardly see and talk to each other as much as possible (spent our 2 weeks like strangers lol).
4. Grocery shopping asking friend to buy food for me, I had to go by myself once cuz my friend cannot make it (I wanna make things clear here: according to WHO: The virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe heavily) since I had mild symptom and I went out with full protections by walk, no chitchat along the way, take less time as much as possible.
Last but not least, Covid-19 is harmful and I was lucky that I wasn’t in a critical case. At this point, I realized I should take care of myself properly and seriously (no more excuse😂) from now on. In addition, all of us as the human could beat Covid-19 up like the other diseases just be patient and stay strong especially your mental health.
Take care XOXO 😘